MD Part-Time State Grant (LTHT)
The Maryland Part-Time Grant Program provides funds to Maryland colleges and universities so they may provide grants to eligible part-time students. The Part-Time Grant Program is a need-based fund awarded to Maryland residents (parents must be MD residents if student is dependent) who are enrolled in 3 to 5.5 credits/billable hours. Applicants must demonstrate financial need by filing the 2023-2024 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by the March 1, 2023 state deadline. Eligible students must maintain the required enrollment in a degree-seeking program for the fall and/or spring semester(s). Awarding priority will be given to students whose tuition is not covered by other financial aid.
Maryland Part-Time Grant Program Eligibility Criteria
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate student for at least 3 but fewer than 6 undergraduate credits per academic term.
- Maintain Maryland residency, you and your parents (if you are a dependent student).
- Have applied for a Pell Grant and demonstrate financial need.
- Not be in default on a student loan nor owe a refund for any previous financial aid received.
- Be in compliance with federal law regarding Selective Service Registration.
- Pledge to remain drug-free during the term of the award.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Meet any other conditions for the award as established by the institution.
- Students are selected by eligible participating institutions.
- Recipients may hold this award for a maximum of eight years provided all eligibility requirements continue to be met.
A student’s award will be cancelled if the recipient does not continue to meet eligibility requirement.
Application for MD Part-Time Grant funds does not guarantee funding. Awards are made based on fund availability.