Baltimore County College Promise Program - Workforce Training Certificate Programs
The Baltimore County College Promise Program is a need-based scholarship program guaranteeing free tuition for qualified Baltimore County residents. The Baltimore County College Promise program is a “last dollar in” scholarship which will cover in-county tuition and mandatory fees for eligible students after applying all financial awards — such as Federal Pell Grants, Maryland state aid, institutional funds, and CCBC Foundation scholarships.
Awardees may apply the scholarship towards their first degree or credential sought at CCBC (credit or non-credit). Students will still need to cover other costs such as books, transportation, supplies and materials.
The following CCBC Workforce Training Certificate programs are eligible for the Baltimore County College Promise Program:
- A+ Certified PC Repair Technician
- Bookkeeper – Entry Level
- CDL-A Commercial Vehicle Training
- Central Service Technician
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT)
- Certified Logistics Associate/Warehouse Distribution
- Child Care Provider
- CNC Machine Tool
- Community Health Worker
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Construction Pre-Apprenticeship Core Curriculum
- Dental Assistant
- FoodWorks Basic Culinary Training
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Help Desk Technician
- Hotel Front Desk Clerk/Guest Service Agent
- Human Resources Manager
- Individuals with Disabilities: Apartment Maintenance Assistant
- Individuals with Disabilities: Childcare Aid
- Individuals with Disabilities: Childcare Infant and Toddler
- Individuals with Disabilities: Childcare
- Individuals with Disabilities: Construction Trades Assistant
- Individuals with Disabilities: Office Skills
- Individuals with Disabilities: Professional Animal Worker (PAWS)
- Individuals with Disabilities: Security Guard Certification
- Individuals with Disabilities: Veterinary Assistant
- Individuals with Disabilities: Warehouse Technician Certification
- Introduction to Basic Diesel Mechanics
- Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Clerk
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing
- Medical Coding
- Medical Front Office
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapy Tech/Aide
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Polysomnographic (Sleep) Technologist
- Surgical Technologist
- Veterinary Assistant
To qualify for the Baltimore County College Promise Program, you must:
• Be a Baltimore County resident
• Be a 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022 graduate of a public, parochial or private high school, home instruction program with a final, cumulative high school GPA of 2.3, be an external diploma degree graduate or a GED recipient.
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
• Have a household adjusted gross income of $150,000 or less, this includes parent(s) and student. For independent students who are married this includes the spouse.
• Enroll full-time (the continuing education equivalent) at CCBC.
To maintain the scholarship for a Workforce Training Certificate program, you must:
• File a Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) each academic year
• Continue to meet the household adjusted gross income requirement of $150,000 or less
• Remain a Baltimore County resident
• Maintain continuous enrollment in your Workforce Training Certificate program
• Maintain satisfactory academic performance within your Workforce Training Certificate program and financial aid eligibility
• Complete the credential within the prescribed timeline for the course/program requirements
For program specific questions, please contact CCBC’s Continuing Education Call and Information Center at 443-840-4700.
Application for the Baltimore County College Promise Program does not guarantee funding. Dependent student parents must be legal residents of Maryland. Please note that all awards are based upon fund availability and subject to change. Offered student awards are estimated and will be finalized at the time of disbursement.
- Supplemental Questions
- In which Workforce Training Certificate Program are you interested?
- When do you intend to start your program for the 2022-2023 academic year?