MD Part-Time State Grant
The Maryland Part-Time Grant Program provides funds to Maryland colleges and universities so they may provide grants to eligible part-time students. The Part-Time Grant Program is a need-based fund awarded to Maryland residents (parents must be MD residents if student is dependent) who are enrolled in 6 to 11.5 required credits/billable hours towards to declared degree program. Applicants must demonstrate financial need by filing the 2023-2024 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Eligible students must maintain the required enrollment in a degree-seeking program for the fall 2023 and/or spring 2024 semester(s). Awarding priority will be given to students whose tuition is not covered by other financial aid.
Maryland Part-Time Grant Program Eligibility Criteria
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate student for at least six but fewer than 12 undergraduate credits per academic term.
- Maintain Maryland residency, you and your parents (if you are a dependent student).
- Have applied for a Pell Grant and demonstrate financial need.
- Not be in default on a student loan nor owe a refund for any previous financial aid received.
- Be in compliance with federal law regarding Selective Service Registration.
- Pledge to remain drug-free during the term of the award.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Meet any other conditions for the award as established by the institution.
- Students are selected by eligible participating institutions.
- Recipients may hold this award for a maximum of eight years provided all eligibility requirements continue to be met.
A student’s award will be cancelled if the recipient does not continue to meet eligibility requirement. Admitted Associate to Bachelor (ATB) Nursing degree students are not eligible for this opportunity.
Application for MD Part-Time Grant funds does not guarantee funding. Awards are made based on fund availability.